Website Data Policy
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site www.lindaconnors.co.uk.
OWNER AND DATA CONTROLLER
Address: please contact
THE LEGAL BASES, WE RELY ON FOR PROCESSING
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
• Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes;
• provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and any pre-contractual obligations;
• processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
• processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party;
• Upon request, the Owner will help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing if there is any concern.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Personal Data is collected in the following methods:
1. filling in forms on our website
2. communicating with us by post, phone, email
3. ordering our products or services
4. subscribing to our newsletter
5. requesting resources or marketing be sent to you
6. providing feedback
7. automatically collected Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect the following Personal Data from you:
1. Identity Data may include your first name, last name
2. Contact Data may include your billing address, email address and telephone numbers
3. Technical Data may include your, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site
4. Usage Data may include information about how you use our website
HOW AND WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The Data is used to respond to your queries or questions about our services or products; as well as for the following purposes: analytics, linking to external social networks and platforms, SPAM protection and managing contacts, sending marketing messages and contacting the User.
We want to provide the best possible User experience for customers, and we use Data to allow us to offer to you information, products and services that are most likely to interest you.
The Data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and delivering the best possible service.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We know how much Data security matters to all our clients. We will treat your Data with the utmost care and have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your Personal Data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
Our website interaction with customers is secured using ‘https’ technology.
We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.¬
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We may at times share your Personal Data with third parties we work with. For example, companies who look after and support our website, email marketing companies and other business systems. Note this does not include written notes, or confidential details about you.
WHERE YOUR PERSONAL DATA MAY BE PROCESSED
At times we will need to share your Personal Data with third parties and suppliers outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If we do this, we ensure your Data receives the same protection as if it were being processed inside the EEA.
Where we use providers based in the United States, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield, which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
Users may exercise certain rights regarding the processing of Personal Data by the Owner.
• Right to withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
• Right to object to the processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent.
• Right to access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner and obtain a copy of the Data being processed.
• Right to verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
• Right to restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
• Right to have their Personal Data deleted. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
• Right to receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance.
• Right to object. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
DETAILS ABOUT THE RIGHT TO OBJECT
Where Personal Data is processed for the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification.
HOW TO EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner within one month.
HOW CAN YOU STOP THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING?
You can stop any further direct marketing from us by:
• clicking the unsubscribe link in emails we send at any time
• contacting the Data Controller via the details in this document.
CONTACTING THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE (UK)
If you have any issue with how your Data has been handled or are not satisfied with the response you have received to any request, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office by calling 0303 123 1113 or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns. (Depending on your location this could be another authority for example the Data Protection Commissioner in Ireland)
INFORMATION NOT CONTAINED IN THIS POLICY
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
DEFINITIONS AND LEGAL REFERENCES
Personal Data (Data)
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — allows for the identification of a natural person.
Information collected automatically through this website which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilised by the Users who use this website, the time of the request, the method utilised to submit the request to the server, the country of origin, the browser and the operating system, the time details per visit and the path followed within the website and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User’s computer environment.
The individual using this website who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the Data Subject.
The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
Data Controller (or Owner)
The Data Controller, unless otherwise specified, is the Owner of this Website.
The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
The service provided by this website as described on this site.
European Union (or EU)
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
A small piece of Data stored in the User’s device.
72 hours notice is required to cancel your coaching and hypnotherapy session without incurring a charge. If your appointment is on a Monday, please cancel on Thursday. If less than 72 hours notice is provided, you will be charged for the session. There are no refunds, unless in line with the distance selling regulations, listed below.
Distance Selling Regulations
You the consumer offer to buy the service we are providing when you make an appointment. The contract between us becomes binding when you receive confirmation of the booking. Under the Distance Selling Regulations, you have a right to cancel the service when booked over the phone or via email up to seven working days from when the appointment is confirmed. Cancellation must be in writing. However, for appointments booked less than seven working days in advance, unless we agree otherwise in writing, you will not be able to cancel the appointment and our normal cancellation policy applies (see above). All appointments made over the phone or via email will be confirmed via email. The performance of service begins 24 hours before the confirmed appointment time, as time and resources will have been reserved for you.
If you fail to attend a session without any notice payment for that session will be required before booking any further sessions, and your file will be placed on hold.
We will review sessions regularly to ensure you feel you are getting the most out of the programme.
Your confidentiality is important to me and also required by law. I have procedures in place to ensure this is maintained. Your notes and personal information are kept securely and secured in a locked cabinet when not in use. No personal details (surname, email address, phone number) are maintained on your notes.
There are times confidentiality will be broken as required by law or requested by you:
– If I have concerns that you or anyone else is at risk.
– I am requested by law.
– You request I share information with a doctor, practitioner etc. I will require your written and signed permission before I can action this.
As a professional practitioner and in alignment with the requirements of my professional association I do at times have supervision. During my supervision / mentoring I do not disclose any personal information, names, or anything that could identify you.
As a fully accredited member of the GHR I adhere to their ethical framework and guidelines to ensure that you receive a professional and quality service.
Information we collect about you and how we use it
Upon starting therapy, basic personal information will be collected for contact and identification reasons. During our coaching/hypnotherapy meetings notes will be taken during sessions. These will include personal and sensitive details about your life. The assessment and notes are used solely for the delivery of a coaching/hypnotherapy service to you.
Your rights You have rights relating to the information I hold to verify the accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, deleted, updated or corrected. You have the right to request a copy of the information that I hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to me via the contact details stated in this agreement. Information will be provided to you within 30 days.
We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up to date. You may ask me to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. You have a right to request the transfer of your data to another individual or company.
How long we keep your information for – data retention
Your information is kept for the time necessary to provide the therapy service requested, however outside of this I will hold your details and session notes for a period of 7 years following the end of treatment to comply with legal obligations that are placed upon me by my insurers. The data will be securely destroyed in line with data policy.
Sharing of data
There may be times where your information needs to be shared with 3rd parties – such as requirement by law or requested by you. I will explicitly ask your consent before doing so, and the data will be sent to 3rd parties securely.
Security of your data Information will be kept securely and confidentially in line with the data retention policy as stated above.
Lawful basis for processing your information
The lawful basis for my holding and using your information is in relation to the delivery of a contract to you as a health care professional. As an accredited member of GHR I operate under a strict code of confidentiality.
Online Coaching and Hypnotherapy
For the purpose of online Coaching and Hypnotherapy I use Zoom and Skype. Recording of online sessions to only be permitted in writing via a request and both parties agree and consent in writing.